February 01, 2018 – Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) recently agreed to a $3.5 million OCR settlement following allegations that it committed HIPAA violations on five different occasions at separate FMCNA covered entities. FMCNA provides product and services for individuals with chronic kidney failure, and has a network including dialysis facilities, outpatient cardiac and vascular labs, urgent care centers, hospitalist, and post-acute providers.
- 5 HIPAA Data Breaches Lead to $3.5M OCR Settlement
- Telehealth Services Are Redefining Healthcare
- Best Practices for Preventing Healthcare Cybersecurity Breaches – Campus Safety
- Artificial intelligence and cybersecurity: The real deal | CSO Online
- Cybersecurity M&A deal flow: List of 200 transactions in 2017 | CSO Online